Lakeland Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer
Lakeland Misdemeanor Crime Defense Attorney - Lawyer, Providing Professional Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney legal services for Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, and the surrounding Central Florida area.
Call 863.660.2185 to Speak with Lakeland Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer, Joshua E. Schoen.
While misdemeanor crimes are considered criminal offenses which are less serious than that of felony crimes, any misdemeanor conviction carries the potential of jail time, fines, other court order penalties or mandatory programs, and a permanent criminal record.
A criminal record can interfere with various aspects of your immediate, short term or long-term life choices and goals. From housing issues, to educational opportunities, job opportunities, or even your ability to legally operate an automobile. Any situation in which you must disclose your prior criminal history, or when a criminal background check is conducted, a criminal record has the potential of standing in your way.
There are two degrees of a misdemeanor crimes in the State of Florida:
- 2nd degree misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $500 fine, sixty (60) days jail and/or 6 months probation;
- 1st degree misdemeanor: punishable by up to a $1000 fine, twelve (12) months jail and/or probation.
Misdemeanor charges may include, but are not limited to:
- Assault or Battery;
- Boating under the influence;
- Criminal Mischief;
- Disorderly Conduct;
- Some Domestic Violence Charges;
- Driving with a Suspended License;
- Certain Lewd & Lascivious Acts;
- Loitering and Prowling;
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol;
- Possession of Marijuana or Drug Paraphernalia;
- Disorderly intoxication;
- Prostitution / Solicitation;
- Resisting an Officer without Violence;
- Ticket Scalping;
- Theft (Petit);
- Unauthorized Sale of Alcohol.
Protect your rights by seeking the legal advice and representation of an experienced Lakeland Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer.
Contact Lakeland Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer Joshua E. Schoen at 863.660.2185 in the Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Polk County, and the surrounding Central Florida area.